dhammadrops

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Service


Homage to the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha,

May I become at all times,

A protector for those without protection,

A guide for those who have lost their way,

A ship for those with oceans to cross,

A bridge for those with rivers to cross,

A sanctuary for those in danger,

A lamp for those without light,

A place of refuge for those who lack shelter,

And a servant to those in need.


And May I be gracious enough to accept protection offered,

patience to listen to those who guide me,

the will to cross what I must,

the courage to look out beyond me,

the humility to accept and welcome the service of others,

and to do so with a sincere smile and grateful voice,

hoping that someday I may be strong enough to repay all.

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!

-

No comments:

Post a Comment

item2
masthead
upcomingevents