dhammadrops

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year Resolution


This coming New Year,

May I Be generous in prosperity and thankful in adversity.

May I Be fair in my judgment and guarded in my speech.

May I Be a lamp unto those who walk in darkness.

May I Be eyes to the blind and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring.

May I Be a breath of life to the body of humankind, a dew to the soil of the human heart, and a fruit upon the tree of humility.

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!

(This photo was taken while in the Eurotunnel; a few hours after my family and I crossed to Paris, 5 trains broke down deep inside the tunnel, trapping hundreds in darkness and cold.... and it was more than 10 hours before they were rescued. For all my blessings, I remain in deep gratitude and humility, and on this New Year's eve, I say thank you to all, both seen and unseen.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

item2
masthead
upcomingevents