dhammadrops

Friday, September 11, 2009

Contemplation




Homage to the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha,
Guide of my Life and Light of my path,
Entrusting in the Great Compassion of the Buddha
and the Truth of the Dhamma,

May I shed the selfishness in myself,
Transforming myself into a conduit of Love.

May I be rid of the foolishness in myself,
Gaining wisdom to be Virtuous.

May I be medicine for the sick and weary,
Helping to Nurse their afflictions until they are better;

May I provide food and drink,
for those in need,

May I protect the helpless and the poor,
whenever I can,

May I too be a lamp,
For those who need Your Light,

May I be an oasis for those who need rest,
and guide seekers to the Other Shore.

May all find happiness through my actions,
and let no one suffer because of me.

Whether they love or hate me,
Whether they hurt or wrong me,
May all realize the Truth of the Dhamma,
and realize Supreme Nibbana.

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!

--

No comments:

Post a Comment

item2
masthead
upcomingevents