dhammadrops

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Prayer today


I go for refuge to the Buddha.

I seek the presence of the Exalted Teacher by whose compassion I may be guided through the torrents of Samsara,

by whose serene countenance I may be uplifted from the mire of worldly thoughts and cravings,

seeing there in the very assurance of Nibbanic Peace, which He himself attained.

In sorrow and pain I turn to Him and in my happiness I seek His tranquil gaze.

I lay before His Image not only flowers and incense, but also the burning fires of my restless heart, that they may be quenched and stilled,

I lay down the burden of my pride and my selfhood, the heavy burden of my cares and aspirations,

the weary load of this incessant birth and death.

Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

item2
masthead
upcomingevents